Saturday, November 5, 2011

What Were We Thinking?

This morning began with "Grams! Grams! Melanie did something to the DVD player." Hearing the panic and fear in Calleigh's voice I responded immediately. I heard it before I saw it. "Breeeeeee." Stop. "Breeeeeeee." Stop. I couldn't imagine what was going on. So, I get to the DVD player and it doesn't take long to figure out what had happened. We have one of those 400 DVD storage thingimabobbers. Miss Melanie Button Pusher had managed to open the door and pull out about three DVDs and couldn't get them to go all the back way in. So, they were stuck. The sound I heard was the wheel trying to move so the door could shut. Fix was easy-thank the Lord! Calleigh kept saying, "I didn't do anything." and Melanie kept saying, "It's broken and it's all my fault." Oh my gosh, I hear two generations of children flowing through those girls.
The whole thing has me thinking. Why did we get that thing in the first place? It was supposed to be a "Great idea!" We thought, hey it's ok. We can take the time to enter all the titles of the DVD's in there. No prob. Heck, even Nicole offered to help-she's a fast typist. There was just something we forgot about in the organization process. Yep. You guessed it. Calleigh and Melanie. We made several attempts and getting all of the DVD's in there, with titles, and organized (depending on who was doing the organizing hehehe). We would "take a break" and come back. The DVD's would not be the way we left them. In fact there would be tiny finger prints on the back of the DVD's. I think that happened three or four times before we gave up. Ideally, it would have worked great. Reality? Not so much.
Needless to say the DVD player is fixed and the DVD's are messed up again. Peace has returned to home! Riiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhtttttt!

1 comment:

  1. You know what's funny? We bought that DVD player so that Calleigh and Melanie wouldn't take the DVDs out of their cases.
    I hate it when things backfire!

    ReplyDelete