Sunday, January 10, 2010

Me wait?

Feeling the overwhelming sense of God's great love right now. It is amazing. I am wathching Him work in my life as well as the life of my precious daughters. Did I say it is amazing? My goodness, I have waited a very long time for this.
I am thinking about the commercial on T.V. where people lean out the window and yell at the top of their lungs and shout, "It's my money and I need it now!" This is so like us. I don't know about you, but I hate to wait. Particularly when it comes to how to "wait" on God. What does it mean to "wait" on God? What a strange little word that yields such great struggle. Impatience to be exact. Joyce Meyer uses "When God, When?" and "Why God, why?" Sounds about right.
I know I am not the only one who has trouble with the wait answer from God. Anything God but wait. Well, let's face it. I don't necessarily like the word "No" either. But waiting? Oh no. I really do not like to wait.
We live in an everything instant society. I tend to think the Lord should be that way. He most certainly is not. There's a saying that a pastor friend taught me when I was in high school. She told me, "The Lord is never in a hurry but He is always on time." Whose time? His Time. What? Yep. His time is so much different than mine.
I am glad in a way that the Lord doesn't give us a "timeframe" for how long we will have to wait. For this particular situation, I have been waiting at least seven years. Had the Lord told me that it would be seven years, would I have stuck around? Um, I don't think so. I am so grateful that He knows what we need when we need it even if we think we need it and we need it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment