Monday, March 28, 2011

Insignificant, ingored, talked over, non-exsistent

The girls and I were discussing situations yesterday that we find ourselves in on a regular basis. Not with each other, of course, but with others. There are people in our lives that when we are talking to them, they begin speaking to someone else or just interrupt us and begin talking about something completely different. What about talking with someone and they just look right past me? Now, that happens to me alot. I can't stand it. If I do this, please, my friends, tell me. Another thing related to this is in regards to social networks or twitters. I see all kinds of people receive responses yet when I ask a question or post something, nada. I guess in a way, I get jealous and wonder, "Well, what the heck is wrong with me?" It is hard not to feel overlooked or feel left out. Ashlin feels this way with certain people and so does Nicole. It's not like we expect people to bow down to us, no but we don't deserve to be disrespected either. I notice one thing that I do specifically. I DO interrupt people. I am going to work on that. I don't like it. One of my goals is to really focus on what someone is trying to say to me and to bite my tongue if I have to to keep from interrupting them. They have just as much of a story to tell as I do. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Yep. New goal for Kels. I want to try to make each person in my life feel as special as possible. I think the hard part in that would be keepin' it real. I need to get some sleep. I am running on empty. I want to do this. I pray for this to be something that I can do successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment